Tomorrow's ideas, today's
SR63ng::What is it:
The SR63ng is a near clone of Tony
Parks' recently retired SR63
RXTX board. The board has the same physical dimensions and connector
registration as the original. It differs from the original in the use
of surface mount components (SMT) rather than axial leaded
The SR63ng does differ from the original in that it does not
support the Rocky serial port interface. The SR63ng can be used as a
stand-alone system with the addition of Tony Parks' PA/BPF/USB-I2C.
This card was created to support the MOBO-4.3 system and not to
compete with Tony Parks excellent Softrock series of cards.
Preliminary tests performed by Mike Collins show the SR63ng to
be equivalent to the original SR6,3 RXTX.
The use of 0805 sized SMT components requires a steady hand and
a measured approach to building. It is not impossible for a beginner to
build the kit but it is not recommended. Currently, there are no
'instructions' on how to assemble the kit. Schematics and component
placement are the only aids provided.
The kit'ing system is rudimentary but functional.
Prices and Ordering:
All Prices are in Canadian funds and include shipping
$70.50 EU and Other
$66.50 Canada / USA
Canadian purchasers will be charged GST or HST, depending on the province, at check out time.
Make sure you select the appropriate destination.
An archive containing schematics, parts layout and a BOM
is available here
- Aug 22,2013
- The final part arrived, Si570 clocks, and kits are now available.
- Aug 09,2013
- Most parts have arrived and the major delay will be the Si570. I am still expecting delivery before the end of the
- Jul 13,2013
- Stock exhausted. It will take 4-6 weeks to restock parts with the Si570 taking the longest. I expect to have more
kits by the end of August 2013.
- Jun 21,2012
- Unfortunately I had to increase the kit price to cover cost increases.
- Aug 05,2011
- INFO ONLY: Stock has dropped to under 40 kits.
- Mar 14,2011
- Circuit boards shipped via Fedex and scheduled to arrive on the 16th. Orders will ship beginning on the 17th
- Mar 2,2011
- All parts have arrived and have been place in the poly bags. Hopefully the circuit boards early next
week and I can start taking orders
- Feb 18,2011
- Si570 and circuit boards ordered. Due to a new pcb supplier there is a longer lead time, 12 working days.
- Feb 7,2011
- Announced a new kit run on the MoBo and SDR-Widget list.
- Dec 5,2010
- Inventory of kits has reached zero.
- Nov 19,2010
- There are 9 kits remaining. If there is enough demand I will do another run in 2011. I am picking away at
a 2m transverter daughter card for the 'ng. There is modest interest in the project.
- Oct 14,2010
- Kit stock is approaching 30. It looks like this will be the last batch and once my stock is depleted I
I will retire the kit.
- Aug 31,2010
- Kit stock less than 50 and unless there is an uptick in orders I do not expect to do a third run of kits.
Flemming Neilsen, OZ5AGK, was the winner in the draw for a Trimble Resolution-T card + antenna.
- June 28,2010
- Stock update: There are still have 50 kits available. Purchasers
will have their name entered in a draw for a Resolution-T timing card and active antenna
- May 08,2010
- All outstanding orders have been filled and
shipped. New orders will be filled from stock and shipped within 48
- May 06,2010
- The Si570 clock has arrived and I will be shipping
the kits over then next few days. Once I have filled existing orders
subsequent orders will be filled from stock and shipped within 48 hours.
- April 24,2010
- Finished packaging all components, approx 16,000
parts and 4000 polybags. Kitting will consist of a BOM pick list and a
bubble mailer. I estimate it took 40 hours to cut labels, separate
parts and pack in polybags. Some things you do for love, some for money
and then there is this :)
- April 23,2010
- Circuit boards arrived a few days earlier than
expected. I hope to finish kitting for those who opted for 2 part
shipping and have their kits in the mail April 26. Still no news about
the Si570 shipping date from Silicon Labs.
- April 21,2010
- All parts are in house except the pcb and Si570.
Circuit board expected in 7+ days, Si570 arrival late May or early June.
SR63ng built by WA6LTV
©2009,10,11 Yoyodyne Consulting
Last modified Thu Jun 21 16:45:22 2012